Informative Data Principles
techPAPA Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) provides various services by using information regarding Internet users acquired from websites, etc. The Company declares its compliance with applicable laws and regulations, etc. as well as its commitment to properly use such information through the basic matters regarding the use of such information as stated below.
Data Management Platform
The Data Management Platform, the Company’s digital marketing support system (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”), provides users with a mechanism for storing, processing, and analyzing data, in order to utilize the data of Internet users. The Service users can classify the interests and preferences of Internet users and distribute Internet advertisements by using “informative data,” which is the data on Internet users obtained when Internet users visit websites. This increases the chances that Internet users will have access to advertisements and content that they are interested in, and reduces the chances that they will see unwanted advertisements and content that they are not interested in.
1. Acquisition of Informative Data
The Company, by using character information called “cookie(s)” with which a web server can identify the computers (browsers) of Internet users, acquires “informative data” on Internet users. “Informative data” means information which can be used to analyze users’ interests and preferences by accumulating their website browsing histories and purchase histories on e-commerce sites, etc.
2. Name of Business Operator Acquiring Informative Data
3. Items and Retention Period for Informative Data to be Acquired
The main informative data to be acquired by the Company and its purposes of use are as follows:
- The Company identifies Internet users based on the IDs written into cookies (for the purpose of distinguishing individuals from each other and not for identifying any specific individual).
- The Company identifies smartphone users based on advertising IDs (IDFA, AAID) for smartphone terminals (for the purpose of distinguishing individuals from each other in general and not for identifying any specific individual).
- The Company acquires and aggregates URLs and referrers (i.e. the website URL of the access source that a user was browsing immediately prior to the website that the user is currently browsing) of the website pages visited by Internet users on their computers (browsers), as well as acquiring and aggregating title and meta keywords (i.e. a collection of information relating to the browsed web pages), and information regarding action histories (such as clicks on distributed advertisements), and handles them as market analysis and marketing information. The Company analyzes sites information and Internet users, and conducts analytical reasoning for the distribution of advertisements based on Internet users’ interests and attributes (estimated genders and age groups).
- The Company acquires Internet users’ IP addresses and uses them to distribute appropriate advertisements according to the area where the Internet is used, such as the areas where Internet users live, or the places where Internet users work, attend school or visit.
- The Company acquires the user agents of Internet users and, based on the operating systems and browsers of computers and the screen information of devices (i.e. browser language settings and character encoding settings, as well as display areas and color depth) used by Internet users which can be acquired from such user agents, the Company uses such user agents to distribute appropriate advertisements and contents that conform to such system specifications.
- The Company acquires the dates and times at which Internet users visited websites and uses such information to distribute advertisements based on such visited dates and times, to report the aggregate results of segments to the Service users, and to manage the retention period for the informative data.
In addition, the retention period for the informative data acquired by the Company’s services is two (2) years from the day on which the relevant Internet user last visited a website which uses the Company’s services.
4. Purposes of Use and Acquisition Method of Informative Data; Opt-out
The Company will use the informative data it acquires for the following purposes:
- Provision of goods and services which meet the interests of Internet users, as well as information relating thereto;
- Development and improvement of goods and services; and
- Proposal of goods and services to the Company’s customers.
The Company acquires informative data through the websites which use the Service, from the computers (browsers) of Internet users who visit such websites. Internet users who do / do not wish to receive the distribution of advertisements using informative data (i.e. wish to opt-out or resume) are requested to click the links below:
5. Companies to which Informative Data is Provided and the Purposes of Provision thereof
The Company may categorize Internet users according to certain conditions, such as their interests and age groups, which can be estimated from the informative data acquired by the Company, and may provide such categorized information (segments) to the Company’s partner companies, such as advertisement distributors, media companies, advertising agencies and advertising sponsors.
The segments provided by the Company will be used for distributing targeted advertisements, making recommendations, developing advertising menus and analyzing users.
The Company does not allow any specific individual to be identified by using the segments provided by the Company without the consent of the relevant Internet user. The Company will provide segments only to its partner companies that comply with applicable laws and regulations as well as the standards set forth by the Company.
6. Invalidation of Cookies
Internet users may delete cookies issued by the Service on the computers (browsers) they are using by changing the settings thereof. As a result, the ID information which connected the informative data acquired by the Company’s services and the browser used by Internet users will be deleted and Internet users may therefore stop any previously acquired informative data from being used. However, this does not stop the informative data from being acquired and informative data will start to be newly acquired upon such Internet users’ subsequent use of the Internet.
Furthermore, the cookies function may be disabled by changing the settings. However, please note that all or part of the services on some websites may become unavailable as a result.
7. Resetting and Invalidating Advertising IDs
Advertising IDs (IDFA, AAID) can be reset on smartphones. As a result, the ID information which connected the informative data acquired by the Company’s services and the smartphones used by Internet users will be deleted and Internet users may therefore stop any previously acquired informative data from being used. However, this does not stop the informative data from being acquired and informative data will start to be newly acquired upon such Internet users’ subsequent use of the Internet.
Furthermore, advertising IDs may be invalidated by changing the settings.
8. Personal Information
We have not acquired any personal information when acquiring informative data, and we have also decided not to obtain personal information with the Service users. In addition, we manage informative data so that the obtained informative data cannot be collated with other information (including, but not limited to, personal information) held by us other than the data constituting the Service.
9. Revisions to this Page
The Company shall continuously evaluate and improve its information management system to reflect any changes in the demands of its clients and other business partners as well as those of the social environment and thus maintain its standard of excellence in handling and protecting personal information. Through such process, the Company may revise the contents of this page. Upon such revision, the Company will notify Internet users through this website or any other website managed by the Company or by a method deemed appropriate by the Company, at an appropriate time, depending on the contents of the revision. In addition, the revised contents of this page shall come into force as of the effective date separately set forth by the Company.
10. Security Measures for Informative Data
The Company will implement security measures under strict control and will continuously evaluate, correct and improve the contents and methods of such measures to prevent any unauthorized access to, or any leakage, destruction or damage (including loss, corruption and alteration, etc.) of the informative data in relation to the handling thereof.
11. Handling of EU Resident Data