Digital Marketing Strategy and Planning – Techpapa
Nowadays, it’s hard to think of a business without being connected online. A digital marketing strategy is necessary to grow your business online. And it’s not just about social media strategies, but also about website design and content. In this article, I’ll explain what a digital marketing strategy is and how you can use it to increase sales, boost engagement and create loyalty among your customers.
Digital Marketing Strategy
Digital marketing strategy is a comprehensive plan that outlines your goals and objectives, and how you are going to achieve them. A digital marketing strategy is a guide for you to follow. It’s also an effective way of measuring your progress towards achieving those objectives.
Digital Marketing Planning
A digital marketing plan is a comprehensive approach to your online marketing strategy. It outlines how you’ll implement each of your digital channels and strategies, including:
- Key words used in the content on your website
- Social media strategy, including the number of followers or likes per post (and how long they will live)
- Email list management and engagement rates
A good way to start is by answering these questions: What are my goals? Who am I trying to reach? When should I be using which channel(s)? How can I measure success?
What is a Digital Marketing Strategy?
A digital marketing strategy is a plan for how you will use digital channels to promote your business and grow your customer base. It should include the following:
- What channels to use, where they’ll be placed, and when they’ll be used (e.g., social media, search engine optimization)
- How many people are going to see each piece of content (i.e., how often it will be posted)
- Who will create the content in-house or outsource its creation
General vs. Strategic Approach to Digital Marketing
There are two basic approaches to digital marketing: general and strategic. A general approach is more broad, covering a shorter time period. A strategic approach is more in-depth and covers a longer time period. Both are important to the success of your digital marketing strategy.
The difference between these two approaches can be seen in how they’re used by companies that take advantage of them when planning their campaigns or strategies (and we’ll talk about those later).
Business Goals and Objectives
Business goals should be SMART. This acronym stands for:
- Specific: The goal must be clearly stated, so you can measure it and track progress toward it.
- Measurable: The goal should have an endpoint that can be quantified in some way (e.g., number of visitors or leads). You need to know how many visitors you got today, not just “a lot of visitors” or “a few people came through the door today.”
- Achievable: The goal can’t be something that’ll take years to accomplish; otherwise it’s probably too ambitious! If your business has been around for more than two years, then chances are high that its current state isn’t where you want it to be yet—and if things don’t change soon enough then these changes will never happen at all!
Elements of a Digital Marketing Plan
- Keywords, phrases and digital trends: The first step in creating a digital marketing plan is to identify the keywords you want to target. These are words that people use when searching for products or services like yours on Google, Bing or Yahoo!
- Competition analysis: Once you’ve identified some key terms that are relevant to your business, it’s time to look at how other companies are using them. This will help you understand who else might be competing with your business online and what their strategies are when it comes to SEO (search engine optimization). You can also look at social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram which may be included in their advertising campaigns as well as other online presences linked directly back onto their site from external sites such as YouTube videos where they talk about any products being sold through those channels too – if these channels aren’t already listed under “others” then make sure they’re added under this section so someone else doesn’t accidentally swipe them away!
- Social media presence linking back onto website(s): If there aren’t already links between FB pages/posts/etc., then make sure those links exist so people aren’t lost somewhere within an ocean of content before finding what they came here looking for – otherwise known as “getting lost”. Also consider adding additional social media accounts such as Pinterest boards where users could pin relevant images related specifically towards what kind
Differentiating Factors for Your Product or Service
- What is unique about your product or service?
- Why is it better than the competition?
- How will you help the customer?
- What is the value proposition of your product or service, and how does it differ from the competition’s offerings (in terms of features, quality, etc.)
Target Audience and Customers
When you know who your customers are, it’s easier to create landing pages that speak directly to them. You can also use this information to create a marketing strategy that will appeal to them and their buying habits.
Your customer persona is made up of demographics (such as age, gender, marital status), psychographics (how they think), values (what matters most in their lives) and behaviors (what they do). Your customer persona should include both general characteristics and specific traits that characterize each type of person who buys from you or uses your services.
Keywords, Phrases and Digital Trends
- Keywords and phrases that are most likely to be searched.
- Digital trends that are likely to affect your business.
- How to get started with keyword research (see below).
- How to use keyword research in your content strategy
Competition analysis is a crucial part of developing a marketing strategy, as it helps you understand the market and customers in which you operate. This can be done by identifying competitors and their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Competition analysis is an important part of the digital marketing strategy because it allows for better understanding about what your competition is doing to gain an upper hand over you. A good way to start this process would be by looking at competitor sites online such as Google Analytics or SEMrush (for example). You should also take note of any information related to their website design like colour schemes used on their pages etc., so as not only does this help with understanding how they’re designed but also helps make sense out if they’re using certain keywords too often compared other sites within same industry space (i.e., if someone searches ‘banana’ then chances are high that site has banana related content).
Social Media and Other Online Presences Linking to Your Site
You need to be present on social media platforms, as well as other online presences that are relevant to your business. Linking directly to your website is the best way to make sure people can easily find you and learn more about what you do.
Read More – 10 Local SEO Tips to Boost your Local Business
SEO Analysis and Technical SEO Audit
SEO audit is a process of analyzing your website to see how well it is optimized for search engines. It helps you identify and fix any issues in your site that might be hurting its rankings.
The purpose of an SEO audit is to determine whether or not you have the right content, and if it’s being displayed in an optimal way on your site. By running an SEO audit, you can find out what keywords are driving traffic to your site (and how much competition there is), as well as where improvements can be made.
Content Schedule and Content Marketing Ideas
- Content marketing is a way to build trust with your audience.
- It should be a regular part of your business.
- Content marketing can be used to promote your business and its products, but also to generate leads for new clients or referrals.
A digital marketing strategy is necessary to grow your business online.
A digital marketing strategy is a plan for your business. It’s a way to reach your audience, promote your products and increase sales, profits and customer loyalty.
The digital world is changing at an unprecedented rate, and your business has the potential to benefit from these changes. When you’re ready to plan your next digital marketing strategy, Techpapa can help. We have a team of expert consultants available who have extensive experience in online marketing and can make sure that you get results that last long after the initial investment. Contact us today to learn more about how our services can help your business succeed!